Simona Halep: I couldn’t sleep after becoming World No. 1

Simona Halep: I couldn't sleep after becoming World No. 1

Oct 09, 2017, 08:21 IST
|
A Correspondent

FacebookG+TwitterPinterestFeedback

Simona Halep said she was too excited to sleep the night after ousting Garbine Muguruza as the World No. 1, and that affected her performance yesterday when she lost the China Open final to France's Caroline Garcia 6-4, 7-6 (7/3). She refused to let her final defeat spoil her week and admitted it had been an emotional 24 hours.

Simona Halep
Simona Halep

"I couldn't sleep very well. In the morning, I was like, okay, now I have to focus again, to go on court and work, which I did. It was very good (getting to the top ranking). It was a very good step, important step. But still inside I was too happy. It was too much yesterday. My body was just sore after the match. Even if was not three sets or something like that, I just felt a little bit over inside because of the happiness."

Trending Video

Watch video: Sports stars and their swanky and cool cars

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Tags

Simona HalepGarbine MuguruzaChina OpenChina Open 2017China Open finalCaroline GarciaGarcia beat HalepTennis News

FacebookG+TwitterPinterestFeedback

The post Simona Halep: I couldn’t sleep after becoming World No. 1 appeared first on News Guruji.



from News Guruji http://ift.tt/2z8zACQ
via IFTTT

No comments

All In One Tec News. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog